Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Eve Before New Year's Eve

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. You know what that means, time to look back upon 2009 and make a new list of goals. To kick start my year I'm going to join the YWCA. I think I can afford it. It's right across the street from Grace, so when it gets warm I can ride my bike to work, go across the street and shower, and then work. That might be worth the year membership.

So far I've been to the gym twice (I have a two week pass and no enrollment fees!). I've used the elliptical and today I ran 2.0 miles! Okay, it was a slow 2 miles at a 12:00 pace, but I still did it. I'm considering running the Green Bay Cellcom Marathon for charity. I have 400 friends on Facebook and if each gave $1 I would raise $400! All I have to do is raise $250. I know a marathon is for crazy people, but I must do one once in my life, so why not now when I have all this free time. There is a free training group that meets at the mall (across the street) on Saturdays for long runs, so I really have no excuse. Look for my web page soon.

My exercise plan for tomorrow is going to be a sad attempt at swimming. Lessons to follow this year. I think I might like the YWCA because it's mainly for women...and I need to meet more women and get some friends. I might take up Yoga in the morning.

I really need to make some friends here :(

I'm looking forward to spring. My parents bought me a bike for Christmas. I just wanted a cheap used one, but I got a new one. It has a rack on the back so I can attach a milk crate. Then I can go to the grocery store and the farmers market on my bike! I'm going to be so green this year!

Now, if I can just keep up with my bills...

No comments:

Post a Comment