Thursday, December 3, 2009

Let it Snow!

I'm ready for snow, sugar cookies, cinnamon rolls, mugs of hot cocoa (with schnapps), Christmas music written by secular Jews, and wrapping presents. Today we had some snow flurries. I went with Erik to help him pick out some stuff for the Christmas tree. His face lit up like a little kid going down the aisles picking out wrapping paper and ornaments for the tree. It was cute.

I've been working on his present. Of course I'm knitting it. I was almost half-way done with I realized it was too big, so I took the whole thing apart and am starting over. I've knitted everyone in my family something. My brother wanted a sweater vest, but I'm learning sweaters are very hard. I think maybe for his birthday. I'm also trying to knit my first prayer shawl. That is a lot harder then I thought. To sit in silence and pray while I knit and not have my thoughts drift off is so hard. (I do spend a lot of time thinking of other people to knit for). I hope my prayer shawl does whatever pray shawls are suppose to do. Yesterday I prayed to Beatles lyrics. I think the phrases "Let it Be" and "All you need is Love" can be prayed, but that's another post for another time.

Tonight I have curling. I actually don't care for the women's league, at least so far. I like curling in the couple's league the best, because it's fun to curl with Erik and meet other couples. I actually have a strong desire to stay home and make Christmas candy or knit. I attempted to make peanut butter fudge with the stuff I had. I was short some marshmallows, so I'm hoping it still turns out. I'll still eat it. The problem is I don't have many people to bake for. I'm thinking I might break down and actually go grocery shopping on Saturday (even if it's not double coupon day) and get the rest of my Christmas stuff.

I've decided the confirmation kids are getting an interfaith lesson on Hanukkah. I found the dreidels, so we'll play that game and maybe read some Maccabees. Were also going to talk about how Jews became Christians. This all came to me on Tuesday when someone during the Women's Bible study asked me when Christians became Christians, and was Jesus a Christian. Time to educate and eat candy.

I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment