Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

Today Facebook was full of messages about Christmas being over, but Christmas is not over, it's only just begun. Christmas is a full 12 days starting the 25 of December. I like to celebrate the whole season, but then again, I also celebrate my birthday for the full month of October.

My family has our own traditions for Christmas Eve. We eat a chicken dinner, open a couple presents, and then play a family game. This year we played Bananagrams and then, Beatles Trivial Pursuit (Dad won). Christmas morning we open presents and then head to my Aunt Debbie's for the afternoon.

This year our dog was really excited about Christmas. She was up before everyone else and so excited that she chased her tail waiting to open her present. I don't understand how she knew, but she did. My parents spoil us at Christmas. I now have casserole dishes and a new bicycle that I'm wondering how I'm going to get in my car back to Green Bay. For Christmas I knitted each family member a hat.

Today my family has just hung around the house. We've been playing Wii and watching movies. This evening Timothy and mom played bass guitar and drums. Dad and I played Wii Sports. One of the Miis is Jesus, and we learned that Jesus never makes errors. I think there is a sermon in there somewhere. I'm heading back to Green Bay on Monday morning. In the meantime my mom and I are sitting here with laptops playing each other in scrabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment