Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals for 2010

Right, and so here we are. Another year over, a new one just begun. I kind of feel old. 10 years ago I graduated from high school. Last night I dreamed I was having a conversation in which I was absolutely certain that the 90s was the best decade in my life for music and then proceeded to name Dookie and Automatic for the People as two of the best albums.

Looking back 10 years, I am not where I thought I would be. Let's be honest. I thought by now I'd be teaching, married, and have a couple of kids. I either screwed that up, or God had another plan. Or maybe God had another plan and I screwed that up. Either way, many of my goals (like travel to Europe and not have any credit card debt) have not been accomplished. So I guess it's time to get on track.

It's time to make that wonderful list of goals that I make every year. Looking back on 2009, I did achieve a few things. I graduated from Seminary, wrote my thesis (maybe not as kick ass as I would have liked it to be), traveled to DC, got a job!, and took in two MLB games.

So here is my list for 2010:
_Increase income
_Save $ and Payoff Debts
_Lose 15 lbs or get back to size 6/8
_Run a Marathon
_Go Camping
_Move to a place where I can have a dog
_Learn Spanish (every year I put this!)
_Read the whole Bible (So far doing great!)
_Shop at the Farmer's Market more
_Stop driving and start biking
_Serve Food at Homeless Shelter

We'll see how that goes. In the meantime, today is the anniversary of my baptism. Hurray! A year ago I was officially adopted by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment