Thursday, January 14, 2010

Agenda

I'm spending a good portion of my week in the Twin Cities (that's Minneapolis/St. Paul). I'm attending Luther Seminary's Winter Convocation. It's been pretty good so far. I've remembered my love for scripture and why I went to Seminary. I feel more confident about what I'm doing at work. I'm excited to try some new things.

But then I'm also kind of "blah." It's kind of weird to be on campus. I spent three years here, and my close friends (or some of them) are not here, but spread through out the lower 48 and some of Europe. Still, it's good to see people and catch up. But it's a constant reminder of how fast life can change and how we must appreciate the short time we have together.

It's also a good reminder that I am done with school for awhile. Yeah, I've been thinking of going back and becoming a pastor, but maybe Luther is not right for me. All my favorite professors are retiring or leaving.

Of course this got me thinking about God's plans. Does God's plan mean the future or the here and now? It's probably both, but why is it when something horrible happens we always try to comfort people by saying "it's part of God's plan" or "God has something better in mind for you." Yeah, he had a different plan and something better in mind for his creation, but they mucked that up good and sound. But maybe this is. Maybe being in Green Bay and teaching people scripture is part of some grand plan in my life. Maybe it fulfills God's plan for creation. Maybe it helps restore the kingdom.

I do not know. I just know that someone once said "life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." And well, God created life, so maybe plans are just human things we created to make ourselves feel better for screwing God's plan up. I don't know, this is becoming a bit of a ramble of uncensored thought.

Needless to say, I hope I'm on the right track for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment