Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk

I onced watched a movie called Always Greener. It was some independ film a bunch of kids in Fairfield, Iowa made. The movie was about some seniors in high school gearing up for a big party in Iowa City along with the "lady in red" who worked at the local gas station and the principal that gets addicted to Nintendo 64. In one scene they have a chocolate milk chugging contest and whoever wins gets a snowboard. Well, as you might know, you can't drink a gallon of chocolate milk without throwing up. Your stomach can not take that much lactose.

So that is why I am drinking a Quart, and not a gallon.

It's been taking some effort, some kicking and screaming, but I'm getting my (now more firm) ass to the gym. Monday I ran 4.0 Miles, Tuesday I attempted to swim (I am a horrible swimmer), and today I went for another 4.0 Miles. The important part of training is the rewards you reap. I still owe myself a butter buger and fries from Culvers for my 6 mile run last week. This week if I do 7 I might take myself to a movie.

But the good part, is that today I finally felt like all this running is paying off. All this lifting weights is starting to do some good. I haven't really lost any weight, but I am starting to tone down. Hurray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment