Friday, August 7, 2009

Moving

I found an apartment! Actually, I found an apartment on Tuesday and even signed my lease. I now live in Green Bay by the Bay Park Mall near Barnes and Noble...convenient, yet dangerous. It's kind of far from work, and a little bit more then my budget allowed, but the location is good and it's the type of place that visitors can easily get to. I also have a dishwasher, garage, balcony, and TWO walk-in closets.

Today my mom and I got the Uhaul and so far this afternoon Timothy and I have been loading it up. We have most of my bedroom empty and the basement empty. Everything is just sitting on the porch waiting to be loaded up Tetris style. He's actually a pretty big help. I remember when we used to make fun of him being a wimp, but all that lugging band gear up and down the basements stairs has paid off. I think he's just excited to get his basement back. The band has been practicing around my stuff.

Tomorrow we head up to Green Bay to unload. It's going to be a long weekend. Then on Monday I start my first day of work. I'm pretty nervous. I have to keep reminding myself that God has chosen me for this position and God wouldn't give me something I couldn't do (that's not to say he wouldn't challenge me; he knows I need a challenge).

I don't think we're going to get to do too many things in Green Bay since my family is only there one day and most of the day will be spent moving. Erik has to preach this weekend and well, now that he's an intern pastor, he can't really skip worship and help out. It's kind of odd thinking of him as a pastor. I mean, my boyfriend is going to be a Pastor and I'm a Parish Educator. God is certainly funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment