Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Imagine

I found out yesterday that one of my friends lost his internship site because that church has left the ELCA. What are wrong with these people? Please explain to me why five little Bible verses make it so someone can not help in the mission of spreading the gospel and caring for the poor, homeless, hungry, orphaned, and widowed? Don't we want more people that are willing to take on the evils in this world and help those oppressed? I just don't get it. I don't see how being gay is any different from being straight. When are people going to get that you can't just pick five little Bible verses and interrupt them to keep away something you fear?

Okay, enough about my opinion.

Nothing too exciting in Green Bay. It's raining today. I'm trying to save money, so I'm pretty bored right now. Erik has a church meeting tonight, so I'm on my own. Green Bay is so small and conservative. Cedar Rapids seemed bigger and much more liberal.

I got a second job at a daycare. Friday is my first day. It's just a trial day, but the people seemed very comfortable to work with. I was thinking of applying to the Halloween Store since it's across my parking lot. I suppose I could still do that. I have lots of free time and haven't made any friends...of course I've only been here less then a month and I only have to work 16 hours a week at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment