Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Life in Green Bay

Life isn't too exciting here. It's not that boring either. I do need to get another job because I have way too much free time and then I think I have to go shopping.

Thursday night Matt came to visit. Erik, Matt, and I went to church at Erik's church. Now Erik's church knows he has a girlfriend. No big drama there. His pastor seemed pleased that I was working for Grace and was interesting in the church, etc. Friday we went to the NEW Zoo and saw all the animals. Erik's pretty cute at the zoo. He's like a little kid. It rained, so the giraffes refused to be fed. Saturday Erik worked, so Matt and I went to the Farmer's Market and I bought some corn and some beautiful flowers for $6. I think all Saturdays will be Farmer's Market Saturdays. That night Matt and Erik went to the Packer's pre-season game. I stayed at home and knitted while watching the game on TV.

Sunday Erik and I made homemade Ravioli. We had watched a cooking show on PBS so Erik decided we could do this as well. It turned out pretty well. Our Raviolis were huge! But everything tasted well. With all our success at homemade pasta, I made noodles for soup Monday night. Erik didn't listen to me and ended up putting the whole pound of noodles I made into the soup soaking up all the broth.

Tuesday I met Erik for lunch at Mandarin Garden and I helped him pick out shoes at DSW. He had to help with youth thing, so I was Erik-less for the night.

Which brings us to today. I've worked most of the morning trying to make decisions about classrooms and supplies, curriculum, and Bibles. I wore the wrong shoes today because I've been up and down the stairs ways too many times.

In the meantime I've been busy with my hobbies and I started running again. It's frustrating because I'm so slow and out of shape. I went to the JoAnn Fabric store which is huge!! I got some yarn for Christmas projects. I've complete a pair of mittens and a hat.

The new Brett Favre Saga has been the headlines on the news all day yesterday and today. Minnesota doesn't like him, so I don't know why he did it. Yes, he wants to play, but I wonder if the team will be behind him. Plus they are paying him a lot of money...I guess that will set them a few years back from that new stadium. He just looked so sad during the press conference...in which they interrupted the world news for the whole 30 minutes. And yes, this was discussed at the staff meeting this morning.

Welcome to Green Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment