Monday, August 3, 2009

The Hunt Continues

I've looked at over 5 apartments today and have yet to decide which one feels like home.  I'm kind of leaning towards one in Howard, which isn't Green Bay, but very close.  I also found one that I really liked near where Erik lives and right behind the Barnes and Noble and across from the Mall.  It was the most expense, but had a garage, balcony, and TWO walk-in closets!!!  I think it had free heat and the first month was free so it probably evens out.

I found a coffee shop.  It's actually in the Goodwill, so all the money goes toward Goodwill and helping people.  Yipee!  I love helping people.  I also like cookies and chia lattes.  I'm doing everything in my power not to go into the actual store part and buy anything, because part of me is really leaning towards that more expensive apartment.  I could save $100 a month living somewhere not as nice, but after that whole scary guy showing up to my parents house thing, I don't want to live somewhere to Ghetto.

Erik's Duplex is really nice.  He has lots of space and not a lot of stuff.  Him and Andy bought a ping-pong table this past weekend so last night we played some ping-pong.  I had to remind myself that the object is not to hit the ball as hard as possible.

I've pretty much learned my way around West Green Bay.  It's not that big.  It seems smaller then Cedar Rapids, but I haven't been anywhere in East Green Bay.  I've been told that is the rougher side of town.  This is also the side I will work in, but I will be right across the river.  I'm sad I won't find something within biking distance or walking distance.

Well, I'm running out of thoughts to kill time.

No comments:

Post a Comment