Friday, March 26, 2010

Broken Hearts, Teeth, and Bumpers

March kicked my ass. This week I went to the dentist. Bad news. I had a cavity. Good news, I now have insurance and only had to pay $98 to have it fixed, as well as X-rays, and my teeth cleaned. It was pretty painless, but my mouth was numb for the rest of the evening, and it was a bit sore today.

Then today I decided that I was actually going to go into work on Friday. I try to get all my hours in at the beginning of the week, but I wasn't feeling too great Monday, and Tuesday/Thursday I spent the afternoons at the dentist and volunteering at the senior community. On the way to work, I was rear-ended by a guy that didn't have a driver's license or insurance. He gave me his information, but he didn't want me to call the police. Needless to say, I did. He was pretty rude to me, acting like it was my fault and he told me "you people don't know how to drive." I'm not sure what "you people" mean, because I am the one with the license and the insured car. He took off, and I drove off the bridge to the church parking lot and called the police.

The police officer was friendly, cute and single. I gave him the information. I spent most of the morning on the phone with the insurance company. There is not much damage to the car. It's around $600. The outside bumper has some paint scratches and the inside foamy bumper thing is cracked, but nothing serious or structural to my car. I took it in and got an estimate. I know it looked fine, but you never know and I do pay for my insurance and that what it's for. 3 hours and 30 minutes after my accident I had a check for $115 to pay for the damage (I still have to pay my deductible since the guy didn't have insurance and all this complicated crap).

I feel bad about calling the cops, because the guy obviously is not in the best situation financially or he would have had a better vehicle or insurance. I try to be compassionate, but he was breaking the law by not having a license. What if he's one of these guys who has 5 DUIs and is still out driving around? That drives me nuts and he should be responsible and have insurance, even if Wisconsin doesn't require it until June.

In the meantime the heart is still healing. I miss Erik a lot. We are going to an arena football game tonight. I have concluded that I am ready to look for other men, but not quite sure if I am ready to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment