Sunday, March 21, 2010

This Green Bay Life

I had a bit of a downer of a weekend. It happens, no reason to beat myself up about it. I felt pretty sad about Erik most of the weekend. I really missed him, but in truth, he's really not been in my life for the last three months, so it's just the same kind of sadness before. At least now I have reason not to call and hear him with his lame excuses just disappointing me all over again.

Needless to say, this sadness made it hard for me to go running Saturday. I didn't run my 12 miles. I only did 4. I came up with every excuse, but the truth is I just wasn't mentally there. Running is all mental. Well, a huge part of it is mental. You do have to be able to physically run. I spent all day Saturday hanging around my apartment reading The Help. It was really good and I couldn't put it down. The book tells about the relationship between white women and their black maids as well as race issues in Jackson, Mississippi during the early 60s. It was fascinating and my mind is back in time down in Jackson. I miss those characters. So much I just want to start reading another book.

This afternoon I took a little walk and then went to Barnes and Noble to browse. I parked myself in the running sports section and read some inspirational quotes, because God knows I need it this week. A woman was also looking in that section and she told me she downloads pod casts of This American Life to listen to while she runs. I never thought of that. I used to love A Prairie Home Companion, especially The New from Lake Wobegon, but I got kind of sick of it. There are only so many jokes to be made about Lutherans in Minnesota.

I'm thinking about online dating. I did update my profile and do a little searching. Just about every guy I've glanced at likes fishing and the outdoors or has a cabin or boat. And yes, they are almost all Packer fans. Surprise_surprise. I was surprised that I have already gotten as many emails and winks as I have already. (I haven't subscribed so I can't read them). But then it's a much smaller pool then in the Twin Cities. This might be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment