Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Marathon Training

My training is going all right. First the positive. I am up to 12 miles (14 this coming weekend). I have not felt any pain in my knees (this has been a problem in the past, but I'm lifting weights this time). I have also lost at least 5 pounds. I actually made the training run on Saturday and it was a good time. (Even if me and 2 other girls got lost along the route. No better way to make friends and bond then completely missing a turn). It was nice to have water stops set up for me and to be in a "race" atmosphere.

On a downward note, I wish I had lost more weight by now. I've only lost about 1/2 a pound per week. I blame my large consumption of cookies and junk food. I can usually make it most of the day eating alright, then I need sugar. Research tells me I need protein, but really, how much protein can I eat? Meat is expensive for a single gal, I get sick of eggs and cheese, and nobody wants to be around me when I eat beans.

I've also decided to cut back on the amount of running I was doing. Instead of running 5 days a week, I'm going to do 3-4. My body just needs more recovery. Sorry training schedule, you're not cutting it. So today I hit up the gym and did the elliptical, which was a good reminder as to why I would rather run. I despise that thing!

On another note, the boy has decided he's going to be studying in Norway next Fall. I am super unhappy about this and, as of now, do not know the future of our relationship. The last semester he went aboard turned out very poorly and he completely sucked at maintaining the relationship, in fact, he failed. And this time I can not afford to come visit. To fly to Norway is twice as much as Mexico, and I'm having a tough time as it is paying bills and affording my nice apartment. There is just no possible way to save up $1,000 by Fall, even if I stop driving my car.

Oh, well. The only thing to do is put my faith in God and trust that I am where I need to be and what will be will be. I'm planning on staying in Green Bay for another year minimum. Then it'll be time to either move up north to the U.P. or Canada. (Hey, those Hockey players were hot. And I already curl and love snow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment