Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday October!

It's really hard to blog when you don't have the Internet. Although that could be changing soon. I recently got hired at Panera, so I now have a second job. Yipee! The stress of my student loans is disappearing. Hopefully I will be able to save up some money. I really want to take a trip soon.

Confirmation is still going well. I can't believe I love something this much. You can not begin to believe the high I have after class. I go home and think about scripture the whole night. And this Wednesday, wow. I amazed myself. We were talking about Mark 10:17, the whole camel through the needle nothing is impossible with God thing. Well, you'd think the whole verse was about material possessions and giving to the poor, but would you believe that I decided that the whole point was about salvation. I know, I fed those kids the gospel. I felt like Emeril "BAM- Jesus died for you! That's what he means when he says with God it's possible."

I've decided I truly am in the right place and am a total biblical nerd. I love it because each week I am learning and being challenged, and I get to use my gifts. I really wonder what will com out of this job. While I love it, I've recognized it as a bridge to something else. A pastor? A youth director? A deaconess? A professor? I believe God only knows.

So I'm fired up for the weeks to come. I wish we had more then an hour. Oh the things we would do. Next week we are going to read the suffering servant from Isaiah. I don't know if I can find a clever song of movie, but I really think the kids should know this chapter. I mean, it was only last week in Bible study some elderly lady asked me where in the Old Testament it said Jesus would do all this dying and rising stuff.

Well, tonight is a board meeting. Next week I'm also teaching an intro to the Bible class for third graders. Any ideas out there? So far I think my props for the creation story already rock. Maybe I'll bring in Toby.

No comments:

Post a Comment