Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Time Flies...When you are getting old

It's really hard to remember to blog when you don't have Internet. Okay, lame excuse.

My birthday is coming up this weekend. Usually I make a big fuss about it the whole month, but with work and Erik kind of being my only close friend, there is no big gathering this year. Okay, that's not entirely true. Grant and Kate are coming over for dinner and probably games. It is nice to have another couple in the area.

So that is just one big event this weekend, my 28th? birthday. Tomorrow night is confirmation and we are going to learn a little bit about the Reformation. We are also going to do as Luther did and read Romans. We'll see how that goes. There are lots of hard words. I was torn between John and Romans, but Luther based his theology on Romans, so Romans wins.

I think for Sunday School there will be a little Reformation party. I wonder where I can find an old door? Me and my crazy ideas.

Last week was the Bible Class for Third Graders. It went well. The kids and parents were engaged. It was fun, and I really think they learned. I know they were very excited to get their bibles on Sunday.

So that is life in the church. I believe curling starts in two weeks. Hurray, I'll have friends. Oh, and I decided against Panera, after calling Anita to learn to make cheesy goodness (maybe we'll eat it for my birthday) I decided it wasn't a good idea. I think I will wait until after Christmas when I have no more obligations to find a job. I really like my flexible schedule, and with Christmas coming up, I need more time.

Well, time to go home and knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment