Monday, October 12, 2009

Ordinary Time

Yesterday Erik and I went to Kate and Grant's for dinner in Seymour. Did you know Seymour is the home of the Hamburger? I did not until yesterday. We ate pizza, and I tried a Seymour Soda. It was pure sugar. I was getting a pretty good buzz from it. We also played Risk. Grant and I declared world peace. I love that game. I think it's because I have yet to win, yet I never get completely destroyed either. I love a challenge and having to figure stuff out.

This last week was the Packer's bye week, so that meant longer church services. My church had confirmation, so I decided I would swing over to Calvary for a shorter service (wrong- two baptisms) and Piggy Breakfast (Pancakes and Sausage).

This weekend I'm teaching the Third Grade Introduction to the Bible Class. What a mouthful! I have to give them an overview of the Bible in three hours and teach them how to use their bibles. I've been planning this for the last week or so. So far I've got the Old Testament and how to use your Bible part done. The real question: How much Jesus do you include? I hope it will be fun and memorable.

Confirmation this week will be more low key. We're going to read the Servant Song (Isaiah 53) and then play Jeopardy. I figure the servant song is pretty hard to swallow, so we wouldn't spend a lot of time on it. The important part is being aware of it.

In the meantime I got a part-time job at Panera. Not sure how I'm going to like it. So far all I've done is filled out paperwork toured the place. Panera has such a strict dress code. I'm not sure how I feel about that. While I doubt I will dye my hair pink or pierce my nose, I wonder why I can't paint my nails pink or red. So we will see. I do need a second job.

Erik's coming over soon (finally! ever since he got that huge TV he never leaves the house) and we're going to watch The Big Bang Theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment