Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday

Yesterday I decided to fast. It wasn't that hard; I made it 24 hours. It's been awhile since I had done that, and it felt pretty good. I was actually able to focus more at work because I knew there was no sense in going home for lunch. I probably should fast more often. It's one thing to work with and for God's word, it's another to live it.

Today Erik and I went to Chili's for the 2 for 20 deal. We had nachos, ribs, burgers and fries, and a yummy chocolate chip cookie bar with ice cream all for $20.

I actually worked all day. I'm working on a three hour class that introduces third graders to the Bible. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but basically I'm running through the entire Old and New Testament giving an overview of the most important stories, then doing a little 45 minute session on actually using your Bible. I think that's the most important; how to find your Bible and make it your friend. Needless to say I spent a lot of time using the scanner today for an exciting presentation. I hope the kids have fun and remember it. If learning about the Bible is engaging, then I've been successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment