Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Making Muffins in a Little Lutheran World

Erik asked me to make him muffins as a thank you for the quilters at Calvary. He was going to pass them off as his own, but during my Bible study it somehow came up that I was dating the intern at Calvary (or more so, the Intern at Calvary was dating a girl who worked at Grace). I told the women at Bible study that I was making the muffins for him, so now he can’t pretend they are his own.

Because I have learned it’s a Little Lutheran World After All.

To be fair to Erik, he did remember to bring me some bananas and he did stir the batter for the banana muffins.
And to be fair to me, I love baking. I would be happy in a bakery. I love feeding people -literally. So it’s no surprise that I made chocolate chip, oatmeal, and blueberry muffins as well. I hope they all turn out well. I am taking some to my staff meeting tomorrow.

In the meantime I’m constantly in prayer with God hoping for a successful year of Sunday school. I have a growing to do list and am constantly thinking about what I am planning. Who knew 16 hours a week could be soo much work?

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Welcome to the world of church work, where it's almost always full-time work with half-time pay. :) It's glorious. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete