Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Love Minus Zero –No Limit

Tonight was my first night teaching “confirmation.” I think I did okay. This Bob Dylan lyric comes to mind: “there is no success like failure, and failure is no success at all.”

I really felt like I was struggling tonight in my lesson, but the good thing is that I am aware of my struggles and what I need to know better. We learn from failure, and from that we become successful.

I think the struggle is going to be getting the kids talking and excited. Despite just wanting to get my lesson done and over with, I went home with a feeling of excitement for next week. I am excited to research and plan a lesson for the text next week. I am excited to improve. And therefore that makes me feel like I am in the right place.

Today I was feeling like such a failure. What have I accomplished? How do we measure one’s worth? Maybe I should have listened to my own lesson. I am teaching God’s word. That is what I am called to do…and this I should not doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment