Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Bountiful Weekend

Yesterday Erik had a surprised for me. I had no idea what it was. I had ruled out movie because we had to be somewhere around 3:00 and there were no movies playing at that time. I thought maybe he was taking me to something at Lambeau Field, and then he drove past it saying “We’re not going there.” I was still confused when he pulled into the drive of our destination. The Spa! He took me to go get a couples’ massage at the spa. I was very surprise. When they ladies asked why we were there, he told them “Because she keeps wanting me to give her a massage.” Very thoughtful.

This morning I went to the Farmer’s Market, and you wouldn’t believe the bounty I got for around $10. Carrots, peaches, ½ dozen ears of corn, broccoli, tomatoes, honey, green beans, a green pepper, and an eggplant. I spent this morning getting it ready to freeze. I think I’m set for the winter. I have so many veggies in my freezer. I absolutely love the famer’s market. Whatever took me so long to go? It’s cheap and I get to support local farmers. I try to buy a little something from every stand and I’m starting to get to know each stand.

This weekend is Rally Sunday, for those non-Lutherans, this is where we kick off Sunday School. I think only the Lutheran Church calls it Rally Sunday. I don’t remember when I was little every having any big kick-off day. We are not doing anything too big, but having cookies, making crafts, and even having an out of season Easter Egg hunt to celebrate the Gospel. I hope it goes well. I’m also being installed at the Parish Educator, so I have to go to every service. It’s been a busy week, orientation, meetings, church…I don’t think I’ll get to hear Erik preach this week.

Tomorrow is the big first home regular season football game. I kid you not, I saw people tailgating today. Things are very festive around Lambeau. People are putting up tents and inflatables. Erik and I plan on eating frozen pizza and watching the game at my house, although my TV is about to go. I went to Best Buy to look for a new TV, but they are really expensive and all flat screens. I think we are going to make a trip to the Pawn Shop this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment