Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm Alive!

One of these days when I'm rich or all my credit card, student loan, and car debt is paid off, I will get myself some Internet in my apartment (and maybe cable). But that day is not here yet. Someday, but not today. So until then, I'll will have to make a better effort to blog at work or steal Erik's laptop and go to the coffee shop.

Life suddenly happened and I am a busy lady. Here's my average week summed up.
Monday- Work in Morning, Afternoon Walk, Watch Big Bang Theory
Tuesday- Work, then Volunteer at Lutheran Woodside Nursing Home
Wednesday- 6:45AM Bible study with Erik at Dennys!, Staff Meeting, Confirmation
Thursday-Lunch with Erik and Curling!
Friday and Saturday-Sabbath!
Sunday-Sunday School, Worship, Packers, then Couple's Curling

So I officially have a life in Green Bay. I'm making some friends through curling and hopefully volunteering. My position here at Grace is most likely going to expand. (Super Hurray!) I'm pretty busy at church with Confirmation, Sunday School, and now the Christmas Program. I finally found a position in life where I get to teach, plan, organize, and talk about God! I'm even sort of active in Erik's church (I get to lead the morning Bible Study while he's gone. It was cute, the old men moved their chairs to sit closer to me).

I am actually considering going back to Seminary and getting my MDIV, but I want to work here for at least a full year to gain more experience in the church. This is great place to learn. I get to throw out ideas and they give me things to learn. I am still waiting for that you-should-have-done-this-instead moment. I think I'm even getting to go on the Mission Trip to NYC! (I'll get to teach the kids to ride the subway, oh public transportation, I miss you so!)

Well time to go to Copps (Erik always says there should be store next to it called Robbers, he is silly) and get some groceries. I'll wave to Lambeau for you Packers fans as I drive by.

No comments:

Post a Comment