Friday, November 13, 2009

And I live in a small town...

This morning I walked down to my local library to check my email, etc. So here I am, blogging! I'm trying not to drive my car so much, which is harder to do in a small city. Seriously, Green Bay is small.

This is how small the Green Bay/Lutheran World is here. I have decided to volunteer at the Nursing Home that is right next door. I figured I have the time, and now that I work in the church, I hear more about how lonely old people are. So I've decided to try to listen to Jesus better, and take care of the widow (and widower).

At the volunteer orientation I meet two older ladies that also decided to volunteer. One lady is a quilter at Calvary. She recognized me, and I explained who I was, and then she remembered I brought in an awesome cake.

Now the other lady, Joan, just happens to be friends with Erik's grandmother Betty. She even gave me some old theology books. Her son is in my confirmation class. And Green Bay is official home, because I ran into Joan at Copps on Wednesday. I think she is my first friend.

I think it's amazing how the Lutheran Church is so small and connected here. It makes it easier to be new and have a place where I fit. On the other, I have to watch my behavior and what I say a little bit closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment