Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reunions, Weddings, Camp

I just realized it's more than halfway through June and I haven't written anything this month.

I've been out of town the last two weekends. One weekend I went home for my 10 year reunion. It was good to see everyone and catch up as well as hear my brother's band play at the local bar.

Then the following weekend I went to Iowa for a roommate's wedding. It was okay. It was decorated beautifully. However, there was no alcohol and the wedding was a little too conservative/crazy religious. Yes, I work in a church, but I'm not down with wives submitting to husbands and husbands being the head of the household (unless you are actually going to preach that text right, please leave it alone.) Nor, was I okay with the groom practically asking the guests to come forward for an alter call. Thanks, but Jesus already chose me and I read Romans all the time, it's very Lutheran. In the end, I hope the bride will be happy and I hope she will have a voice and he loves her and treats her like a princess.

This coming week I will be at confirmation camp. I'm a bit nervous since I've never been to camp, but it'll be okay. This afternoon I went to the mall to find some shorts. LOL. Good luck. I could not find an appropriate attractive pair of shorts to wear to camp or for the mission trip this summer. I look stupid in those Bermuda shorts. I ended up getting discouraged and feeling unfashionable and went home for lunch, but I have no food because I've been out of town and don't want to go shopping since I'm going to be gone again :(

That is my life in a nutshell. I'm debating turning on the air, but I can suck it up. I'll just go shopping again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment