Sunday, July 11, 2010

Countdown to NYC

It's been so hot and muggy lately. And it's always raining, so it's been hard to motivate myself to work out. Plus I'm so stressed with this Mission Trip coming up. Yes, I know it will all be okay, but I'm still a bit stressed. I want everyone to have a good time, be happy, grow in their faith, and arrive safely home. I'm not really sure if I'm cut out for this mission trip leader stuff. But I guess the best way to find out, is to give it a go.

Life has been busy as usually. The girls came up and I took them around Green Bay. We went our for cheap Mexican food, to Bay Beach Amusement Park, to Door County, church, ran a beer run, and then went to the America's largest kitchen store (it's really not that big).

For the Fourth of July I went Up North with Erik to his grandma's cabin. It rained so I was forced to learn a million different card games and didn't even get to go boating or fishing. Erik did give in and play scrabble with me and we did a puzzle.

This week I went to a Brewers' game at Miller Park with Erik. We tailgating in the parking lot with his little cheap grill. The people next to us were celebrating a 22nd birthday so they were all getting very drunk. One of the girls ended up tipping our grill over. Which turned out okay because it became an opportunity for us to get to know our neighbors and we got some Spotted Cow Beer and birthday cake. The Brewers even ended up winning in the bottom of the 10th.

I leave for New York City on Saturday. I've never been to NYC, so I'm very excited. I'm mostly nervous about how crappy I get when I don't have any time to myself and when I have to travel with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment