Monday, May 3, 2010

Don't Stop Believin'

For some reason I probably hear "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey at least 5 times a week, sometimes more. What is it about this song? I heard it on my way home from "work" tonight. Just the end of it. Being the dork I am, I thought, what if Jesus was singing this song.

Does Jesus not sing to the small town girl that is very lonely and just needs to flee to escape the emptiness of living in an area where no one understands? Is Jesus not with the boy from South Detroit wishing to escape from his poverty to a better life? What happens when you share a smile with a stranger? Have we not all searched in the night to find emotion?

We may work hard to find our fill, but salvation comes through faith. Some will win, some will lose, but only in this world. Or not. What does the judgment really mean?

If some were born to sing the blues, does God have a plan for all of us?

What feeling am I holding on to? The feeling you get when you feel this is all real?

Oh Streetlight people, those who have been oppressed and suffered in this world. Don't Stop believing. Hold fast to your faith, because justice will come.

2 comments: