Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Story

This past week I went to the Twin Cities for a thing at Luther Seminary called Winter Convocation.  Basically I heard a bunch of speakers, ate some food, hung out with friends, and then heard some more people talk.  It actually was pretty boring this year, except for the eat food and hang out with friends part, that was fantastic.  I also got to spend time with Erik, which is more fantastic!

On Groundhog's day, during my last workshop (which I didn't get the point of), Erik kept texting me to hurry up and come to the OCC (Student Campus Center).  After taking my time, and trying to get him to come meet me in Stubb Hall, I went to the OCC.  When I got the the OCC, his brother Andy was standing there holding a bouquet of flowers, which he gave to me and told me that my next clue was "a certain water fountain in the library."  "But there are lots of water fountains in the library!"  "He says you know."  Well, I did know, because when Erik and I first started dating, he sent me on a scavenger hunt.

In my knee high three inch heels and 15 degree weather I made my way from the OCC to the Library.  I looked under the water fountain and there was a picture of Toby where the call letters of a book.  I made my way to the book stacks and searched for the book.  I have to admit, it had been a while since I had used that filing system and it took me a while to find the book (and the Reese's!).  Inside the book was a note telling me to go check his mailbox.

I ventured outside again in my heels and thin gloves back to the OCC.  Meanwhile people are commented on my flowers.  Inside Erik's mailbox is a strip of pictures from a photo booth and a note telling me to tell me to "go to the stairwell where you first told me you wanted to date."

I'm not going to lie, I kind of knew what was up, but when I got that clue, I really knew and I got really excited and nervous.  I walked back outside to the stairwell in Bockman hall.  Erik was hiding around the corner.  I called out his name, and he peaked around the corner.  I said "hello."  He said "Hello.  You're suppose to ask if I have anything for you."  "Do you have anything for me?" I asked.

He pulled out a ring and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

And of course I said yes.

I absolutely love that he proposed to me in the same place I first told him I like him.  I now have an amazingly thoughtful sweet fiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment